Ration Card in India can be obtained through both online as well as offline mediums. Online medium is restricted to few selected states only however plans are there to launch it throughout the nation very soon. Here we will guide you with simple pre-requisites and guide about how to register for ration card in India. Entire process takes around 1 month and if everything goes well then you must be able to get ration card hard copy within 30 days only.
Ration Card Pre-requisites
Ration Card can act as both identity and residential proof so you will have to consolidate pre-requisites (mainly documents) really well. Before applying for ration card please make sure that you carry below documents beside:
- ID proof
- Residential proof (in case you don’t have one then you can use simple affidavit statement)
- Surrender certificate in case you want to relocate to new address and want the address to be changed to new location
- Approval from local bodies
These are the pre-requisites that you need to follow in order to apply for ration card.
How to register for Ration Card in India
Registration process is quite simple and includes below steps:
- Visit nearest ration card center and ask for the registration form (alternatively you can download the same from your respective state’s Public Distribution System or Food Supply Web portal also)
- Fill in the form completely, attach required documents and then submit the dully signed registration form at respective counter (with online registration, you will need to upload required documents by simple scan)
- Pay the processing fee and get the acknowledgment slip
Congrats! You have registered successfully for Ration card in India. Now you will have to wait for around 30 days (time may vary and may take less than 10 days or more than a month also, but it is rare and in such cases you should yourself approach the registration office for real time update).
For your guidance please refer: Uttar Pradesh (UP) Ration card
This guide will help you with the basic details about how to apply online/offline for ration card in Uttar Pradesh. You can replicate the same for other states in India.
Do let us know if you are stuck at any step.